Wednesday, July 17, 2013

Romans 15:4

I was just thinking about when I was a kid, playing with my neighbors across the street. I've always been a little gullible, I guess any child is, but I remember the girls telling me they had swung so high that she touched the clouds and took a handful of it back down. I remember being in awe that she had actually touched the sky and grabbed hold of a cloud.
Now that was when I was about 6 years old, and I'm 19 now. I just can't help but think about where my wonder and awe of the world has gone... in some ways I wish I still believed that you could get on a swing and get so high that you could actually catch a cloud. But now I'm have the disease that I would like to call adultititus, a serious disease where you realize you're just not a kid anymore, you can't believe in such silly things like touching the sky, but instead you're thinking about the future, money, college, jobs, marriage, kids, places and you just get so worried about life. Sometimes this disease even gets you doubting that God is not a faithful God, nor a loving one. Thankfully, there is a cure for this disease which you must take every day and it is an ancient medicine for all ailments.

Romans 15:4: For whatever was written in former days was written for our instruction, that through endurance and through the encouragement of the Scriptures we might have hope.

No comments:

Post a Comment